CBD, Delta 8, and Delta 9. The Terms You Should Know!
1. Cannabidiol: The full name of CBD, a non-intoxicating compound found in cannabis plants.
2. Hemp: The type of cannabis plant from which CBD is often derived, containing low levels of THC.
3. Isolate: Pure CBD extracted from the plant, free from other compounds.
4. Full-Spectrum: CBD extract that contains a variety of other compounds from the cannabis plant, including trace amounts of THC.
5. Broad-Spectrum: CBD extract that contains various compounds from the plant, but with no THC.
6. Tincture: A liquid form of CBD that's taken under the tongue.
7. Edibles: CBD-infused products you can eat, like gummies or chocolates.
8. Topical: CBD-infused creams, balms, or lotions applied directly to the skin.
Delta 8 (Delta-8-Tetrahydrocannabinol)
1. Delta 8 THC: A minor cannabinoid with psychoactive effects, similar to but less potent than Delta 9 THC.
2. Distillate: A concentrated form of Delta 8 THC often used in vape cartridges.
3. Isomer: A compound with the same molecular formula as another compound but a different arrangement of atoms. Delta 8 is an isomer of Delta 9 THC.
4. High: The altered state of consciousness caused by the psychoactive effects of Delta 8 THC.
Delta 9 (Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol)
1. Delta 9 THC: The main psychoactive compound in cannabis responsible for the "high."
2. Psychoactive: Having effects on the mind, altering perception, mood, or behavior.
3. Intoxication: The state of being affected by a substance, such as Delta 9 THC, that impairs normal functioning.
Remember, matey, this be just a glimpse of the vast sea of terminology, and there be more to discover as ye navigate through the world of CBD, Delta 8, and Delta 9. Be sure to consult reliable sources if ye be needin' more details on any term.